What are Ceramic Braces ?
Ceramic braces, are widely deemed the best fixed aesthetic brace on the market. Their crystal-clear appearance is due to the patented sapphire material they’re made of. If you’re anxious about seeking orthodontic treatment to straighten your smile, fear no more, ceramic braces are the inconspicuous, easy and hassle-free braces treatment that you’ve been looking for.
What are the benefits of ceramic braces?
- Their transparent and glossy finish makes them a discreet choice of orthodontic appliance.
- Ceramic braces are the most unobtrusive way of straightening teeth available – your friends and family may not even notice you are wearing a brace!
- They prioritise comfort, encompassed in their smooth design.
- They do not stain, so you don’t need to feel paranoid about smiling whilst wearing them through your treatment period.
- In the image-aware society of today where first impressions matter, ceramic braces solve the inconveniences of traditional braces by offering you aesthetics, quality of treatment and comfort all at once.
- Ceramic braces are versatile – in contrast to ceramic braces, ceramic braces go unnoticed, regardless of your tooth shade.
- Many types of aesthetic braces are coloured or white with the aim of matching a tooth’s particular shade or colour which can be problematic as we all possess different shades of teeth. However, ceramic solve this problem with their opaque design.
Am I suitable for ceramic braces treatment?
Unlike some other methods of orthodontic treatment, ceramic braces are more commonly suitable than other methods of treatments. Here at Park Lane, we offer our patients a free consultation so that we can outline the best treatment going forward.
Alternative treatments include Incognito, Damon braces, Invisalign and hidden braces.
How can I maintain my ceramic braces?
Your orthodontist here at Park Lane will show you how to maintain good oral care and dental hygiene throughout your treatment. We can give advice on foods to avoid and how to eat harder foods without damaging the brackets and parts of your brace. We can also teach your how to use interdental brushes which will thoroughly clean your teeth if used properly.
How long will I have to wear my ceramic braces?
Treatment typically takes between 9-18 months, though your orthodontist will be able to give you a more specific time frame after your consultation.
If you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact us here at Parklane.