Many patients overlook the health benefits that braces can bring, thinking only of the aesthetic advantages. However can solve more than simply misaligned teeth.
- Misaligned teeth often leads to unnecessary gaps in your teeth. Overtime unwanted bacteria can collect in these gaps, creating the prefect environment for plaque and tartar. If left untreated, this can lead to periodontitis.
- If you have misaligned teeth, the chances are you will be having some trouble breaking down your food correctly. If this is the case, your digestion will suffer as will your body, as you are not able to absorb the the minerals your require.
- You may be failing to brush your teeth correctly because of small pieces of food becoming stuck in-between the unnaturally-sized gaps (large and small) in your mouth. Orthodontic treatment will allow you to access all of your tooth surfaces, so that you can brush effectively again.
- When you bite does to line up correctly, you may suffer from stress on certain teeth and areas of the mouth. Chronic stress on certain teeth in particular will cause them to become weak and therefore susceptiblle to breaking, chipping and cracking.
- Protruding teeth – These can present a risk for individuals who partake in sports that involve a risk of force to the mouth, as the teeth are more open to being struck.
If you would like more information about the types of orthodontic treatment we offer here at Park Lane, please do not hesitate to contact us and we can arrange a consultation for you.