Last year Park Lane published a blog about celebrities who had undergone Invisalign treatment and here we elaborate a little on the other types of braces celebrities have rocked on the red carpet and beyond….
Zara Larson (Clear Fixed Braces) – This is a name that is impossible to avoid at the moment. Larson is dominating the charts with her music and her trademark is her subtle clear fixed braces which can be seen when she gives the camera a big smile – they go unnoticed most of the time however.
Top advantages and traits of clear fixed braces:
- They use tooth-coloured wires and clear brackets, rendering them discreet and unnoticed by others most of the time. They are designed to blend in with your natural teeth.
- They amalgamate the high-quality technology of traditional fixed brace methods with the cosmetic influence of other discreet treatments such as Invisalign – the best of both worlds.
- Custom created brace – impressions are taken so that these braces are made up with the patient’s exact tooth measurements in mind – this can be said for all of the treatments on our list.
Kate Middleton (Incognito) – The Duchess of Cambridge herself enlisted the help of an orthodontist before her wedding, opting for Incognito (also known as lingual braces) to correct slightly misaligned teeth.
Top advantages/traits of Incognito braces:
- As they sit on the tongue side of the teeth, they are practically invisible to others – there is no braces hardware visible on the front surface of the teeth. This also means you can continue doing presentations and client-facing work without your appearance changing.
- Custom created (as above).
- No risk of damage to your front tooth surface, so your smile looks great throughout treatment.
- Fast-acting results – treatment with incognito braces produces very early results. This is a good confidence booster during the treatment period.
Gwen Stefani (metal braces) – No Doubt Gwen was happy with wearing her braces, having being pictured numerous times with them on. The No Doubt singer turned solo act chose traditional metal braes.
Top advantages/traits of metal braces:
- Cost-effective and still popular after many years– metal braces are one of the more cost-effective options on our list and remain very popular as a way of treating orthodontic problems. Metal braces have also evolved in terms of design continuing to become more patient-centric in terms of comfort.
- Offer variety – if you have a child who is anxious about treatment, the variety of colours available with this option is a good incentive to get them keen about their treatment.
- Strong option – these are stronger than many other brace types and do break as easily as plastic and ceramic options.
Don’t be put off treatment if you are an older adult than some on our list. Actress Kathy Bates recently chose Invisalign treatment to correct her orthodontics issue, at the age of 66! Don’t forget that today, 20% of patients receiving orthodontic treatment is an adult – it’s not all about the kids and teens!
If you would like more information about the range of treatments available at Park Lane, please do not hesitate to contact us.