In addition to causing a variety of orthodontic and dental hygiene complications, a crooked smile can be emotionally stressful. Here, we look at some of the reasons why seeking treatment could be life-changing….
- A stronger bite – Ill-positioned teeth cause a poor bite which can make it difficult to break down foods and maintain good dental hygiene. In severe cases, a poor bite can cause chronic speech and breathing problems.
- Restore confidence in your smile – Having a crooked smile can be a great source of anxiety for many people and especially if it is the front teeth. Children and adolescents who grow up with crooked smiles can suffer a huge confidence knock. Having straighter teeth can help restore your smile, your confidence and improve your overall facial aesthetic.
- Improve your dental hygiene – Misaligned teeth can make it difficult to reach certain parts of your mouth when you’re brushing and flossing and the sooner this is addressed the better in the long run. Gum health is very important for overall general health too with links to heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimer’s so being able to easily clean teeth, especially in later life, is crucial. Bacteria can also become quite easily lodged if your teeth are poorly aligned, leading to tartar and staining.
- Create a foundation for other treatments – Perhaps you’re looking at having dental implants, veneers or crowns and you’d like your teeth to be in the best position beforehand – Park Lane can help.
- Avoid gum damage – When you have a crooked teeth this can cause damage to your gums – an example of this is when a patient has a deep bite, your lower front teeth can end up biting into the gum that is behind the upper front teeth, causing chronic discomfort and severe gum recession (this can cause problems like sensitivity).
Here at Park Lane we offer a range of orthodontic treatment to suit different tooth irregularities and alignment problems. Check out our website for other orthodontic treatment options.
Park Lane offer a consultation that will provide everything you need to help you make an informed decision about your treatment, including taking photos, x-rays and a digital scan of your teeth with no need for additional appointments.
Treatment and finance
We’re always seeking ways to make our patients’ lives as easy as possible, so Park Lane are now offering patients the option of spreading the cost of their treatment over several months via a direct debit payment, unconnected to 3rd parties.
If you would like more information about treatments at Park Lane please do not hesitate to contact us.