Invisalign uses gentle movements to shift your teeth into a desired position.
Invisalign aligners are custom made. You will be invited to attend a free Invisalign assessment where your eligibility for the treatment will be assessed. If you decide to go ahead, you will be asked to attend for orthodontic records these include photographs, x-rays and a digital scan of your teeth so that your aligners can be custom-created by the laboratory. Alternatively you can have a full all inclusive consultation for only £57 so you will not only know all your options, but also the fee for treatment.
Your orthodontic records are used to create the treatment plan and manufacture the aligners. Once these have been sent back to us, you can go away and begin wearing your aligners, changing them every 2 weeks. Your orthodontist will invite you to come in every few months so that we can keep a close eye on your progress.
The benefits of Invisalign summarised…
- No brace hardware such as brackets and archwire – this makes them a comfortable choice of orthodontic appliance.
- No limit to your diet – No need to change your diet whilst undergoing treatment as with traditional metal braces as they’re removable, hard and sticky foods won’t damage or get stuck in your brace.
- Aesthetic and discreet design – Invisalign are designed to be aesthetic – they are made from a transparent material that is barely noticeable to others, so you don’t need to worry about that presentation you’ve got coming up.
- Patients can take them out for 2 hours a day – you are required to wear the aligners for 22 hours each day which gives you a 2 hour window where you can remove them to brush your teeth and eat.
- Continue your dental hygiene routine as normal – another perk of Invisalign being removable is that they do not jeopardise your dental hygiene. Fixed brace models can make this difficult as food particles can easily become lodged in the corners of your brace and cause staining in the form of plaque and tartar. You can also brush and floss as normal.
- Safe and minimally invasive – the aligners have a smooth finish which makes it easier to partake in activities such as play woodwind instruments (something that can be difficult with metal braces). You can also participate in contact sports without risking an injury (brackets on metal braces can often irritate the mouth if contact is made).
- You can whiten your teeth at the same time – so you can have that straight and white smile!
We offer Free Invisalign assessments – contact us to find out more.
If you would like more information about Invisalign aligners at Park Lane, please do not hesitate to contact us.