Undergoing orthodontic treatment could be the biggest decision you make for 2017. Here are a few reasons why….
- 1. Healthier teeth. Many people associate orthodontics with aesthetics only and often forget about the health benefits that can be life-changing. When your teeth are crowded or have particularly wide spaces between them, this can affect the state of your gums and render them inflamed and red. This is because bacteria and food particles are allowed to build up and easily lodge themselves in these gaps. If left untreated, this can further develop into periodontal disease.
- 2. Aesthetic results. Whether your teeth are severely or only slightly crowded, protruding or misaligned, orthodontic treatment can change the way your whole face appears. Today, we live in fairly image-conscious society and for many patients, the way they look closely impacts upon the way they feel, so treatment is never simply about looking better, it’s about feeling comfortable and confident in yourself (see the last pointer for more on this).
- 3. Orthodontic treatment prevents abnormal tooth erosion. If you have crowded bottom teeth, this can cause one or multiple teeth to protrude and rub against your upper teeth which can eventually lead to poor chewing ability and wear of your tooth enamel.
- 4. Variety of options. Here at Park Lane we offer a range of treatment options for straightening teeth including ‘invisible’ treatments that are inconspicuous and go unnoticed by others, so you need not feel self-conscious about undergoing treatment. There are also treatments such as Smile Rapide, designed to straighten your teeth in less than a year.
- 5. Tackle bad breath. Sometimes when teeth are crowded or misaligned, it is harder to clean your teeth and food can become more easily lodged, leading to the build-up of plaque and bad breath.
- 6. Varying costs. Once upon a time, orthodontic treatment was limited and the only available option (traditional metal braces) were expensive. With the emergence of varying methods come varying costs, so if you’re on a smaller budget, there are options available to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more information about options
- 7. Improve your self esteem. The accumulation of the factors above can affect your self-esteem and temperament, placing unwanted strain on your daily life. Addressing your misaligned teeth could be a life-changing process for you, helping you regain more control over your health, what you eat, how you speak, how you look and how you feel.
If you would like further information about the above or you would like to arrange a consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us.